Advanced Endometrial Ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that gently removes the thin hormonal lining of the uterus. For most women, it completely stops menstrual periods and PMS and relieves the symptoms of many chronic conditions, including abnormal bleeding, fibroids, and endometriosis. At The Ashford Center in Athens, Georgia, Dr. Clint Ashford, and Dr. Rebecca Ashford specialize in treating problems related to heavy, painful, or irregular periods, as well as the hormonal imbalances and PMS that accompany them. The Advanced Endometrial Ablation procedure that Dr. Clint Ashford helped pioneer over a decade and a half ago is one of the greatest innovations in women’s health and is proven to be a highly effective treatment for these problems. Having performed more than 4,000 Advanced Endometrial Ablation procedures, Dr. Clint Ashford’s skill and expertise make him one of the leaders in the field, with a reputation that brings patients to The Ashford Center from across the Southeast. Schedule your consultation online or by phone today.
Advanced Endometrial Ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that safely and gently removes the very thin hormonally-sensitive lining of the uterus. Normally, this lining, called the endometrium, responds to monthly hormonal changes: first, thickening, then maturing, then breaking down and shedding, resulting in a period each month.
During the breaking-down phase, many PMS symptoms can occur such as pain, headaches, fatigue, bloating, mood swings (sometimes very severe), anxiety, and many other premenstrual complaints. Also because of unbalanced hormones, the building up or breaking down phase of the monthly cycle can be delayed or prolonged resulting in very irregular, painful, or very heavy periods.
When the endometrium is removed with the Advanced Endometrial Ablation procedure, periods for most women completely stop, or are significantly lighter, and PMS symptoms are gone for good. As specialists in Advanced Endometrial Ablation, the Ashford Center has the best results, with over 85% percent of our patients NEVER having another period and the remaining 15% having dramatically diminished flow resulting in lighter, shorter periods.
It is important to note that this procedure is only for women who have completed childbearing.
The Advanced Endometrial Ablation procedure is a solution for any woman who has completed childbearing and who is having problems with her menstrual periods or associated PMS symptoms such as pain, headaches, fluid retention, bloating, mood swings (anxiety, irritability anger, excessive emotional feelings, depression, etc.) It is not uncommon for women to begin having hormonal imbalance problems as early as their thirties or as late as their mid-fifties. For any age, as long as childbearing is complete, the inconvenience of irregular, unpredictable, heavy, or painful periods can be permanently eliminated with this minimally invasive, pain-free, 90-second procedure.
The procedure also can help women diagnosed with:
In most cases, Advanced Endometrial Ablation is an effective alternative to hysterectomy. When a hysterectomy is recommended to treat fibroids, endometriosis, or abnormal uterine bleeding, major surgery can usually be avoided by choosing Advanced Endometrial Ablation. However, hysterectomy may be the best option if you have endometrial cancer or certain other problems.
Advanced Endometrial Ablation can be performed using a variety of modalities. During your consultation, Dr. Ashford discusses which method is best for you.
Dr. Ashford is an expert in all the methods used for Advanced Endometrial Ablation which include
All methods used for Advanced Endometrial Ablation are minimally invasive and are done under light sedation at our Ambulatory Surgery Center. Small surgical instruments are inserted through the cervix and into the uterus, where cold, heat, or radiofrequency is deployed to gently and effectively remove the thin, hormonally sensitive lining of the uterus (the endometrium). The uterus itself is left intact. The Advanced Endometrial Ablation procedure does not affect the ovaries or the fallopian tubes, which are untouched and are left completely intact. The procedure is 100% pain-free!
After the procedure, you may experience mild cramping. It’s also normal to have a moderate discharge following your procedure for a few hours to a few days. However, you should easily be able to get back to your normal activities the very next day.
To learn how Advanced Endometrial Ablation can relieve your symptoms, call The Ashford Center or book an appointment online today.